Bronco Graveyard bushings

Moderator: FORDification

COOP3

Bronco Graveyard bushings

Post by COOP3 »

Has anyone used the Bronco Graveyard Radiator Core Support Mounting Kit, #23067K? They list them for 73-79, but they look like they will fit my 71 F250. I have the DC mounting kit but was trying to get bushings with the flange similar to the OEM parts. Why does DC make the rubber body bushings for the Cab with a flange but not for the radiator core support? I was a little concerned that the flat hockey puck bushings might shift. I am new to working on these trucks so will be looking for a lot of advice. I have the front clip off & also need to replace cab mounts. Unfortunately, I dont have the room to remove Cab, so will be doing it the hard way. Anyone that has removed cab mounts without removing cab I could use some advice (I know, have a lot of cold beer ready)
1971 F250, Camper Special, 360-2V, Manual Steering, 4spd
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Bronco Graveyard bushings

Post by cep62 »

A long time ago I got polyurethane bushings for a '73-'79 and put them on a '71.
Energy Suspension , maybe?
The cab bolted up fine but I had to make some spacers for the rad support. maybe a half inch?
I don't remember all the details it was 25 years ago.
But it's no big deal , a lot of cars had a stack of shims from the factory.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Bronco Graveyard bushings

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

cep62 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:24 pm A long time ago I got polyurethane bushings for a '73-'79 and put them on a '71.
Energy Suspension , maybe?
The cab bolted up fine but I had to make some spacers for the rad support. maybe a half inch?
I don't remember all the details it was 25 years ago.
But it's no big deal , a lot of cars had a stack of shims from the factory.

:wel:
Same here from energy suspension - I just reused the factory shims.
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR