Hello. New member from Colorado/Tx

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

BigMopar440

Hello. New member from Colorado/Tx

Post by BigMopar440 »

Hi.

Thanks for including me.

I have a 1972 F250. 2WD, 300 with a four speed. My wife's grandfather bought it new. As some may deduct from my user name, I'm not a ford guy. I am here to learn and gather information for a few changes I'd like to make. Change from drums to disks on the front brakes, convert from manual to power steering and install a more daily driver friendly five speed.

All other interest will be involving finding some original parts including but not limited to an air cleaner housing, tail lights, rear fenders and steps.

Hope every one is having a safe and Merry Christmas and New Years.
I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they're not after me.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Hello. New member from Colorado/Tx

Post by basketcase0302 »

BigMopar440
Hi.

Thanks for including me.

I have a 1972 F250. 2WD, 300 with a four speed. My wife's grandfather bought it new. As some may deduct from my user name, I'm not a ford guy. I am here to learn and gather information for a few changes I'd like to make. Change from drums to disks on the front brakes, convert from manual to power steering and install a more daily driver friendly five speed.

All other interest will be involving finding some original parts including but not limited to an air cleaner housing, tail lights, rear fenders and steps.

Hope every one is having a safe and Merry Christmas and New Years.
:wel:
By far the easiest way to get front discs on the BUMPSIDE is to drop a DENTSIDE era front Ibeam assembly under it, Swap the ibeam from a dent era into it). The dent era, (73-79) front twin ibeam suspensions can be readily found in boneyards still and also improves the handling a lot over our original bump era (67-72) tremendously. And love the sentimental story of yet another Bump saved from the crusher! Make the family proud. :thup:

Oh...and hang around we'll have you bleeding Ford blue in no time lol! :lol:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
BigMopar440

Re: Hello. New member from Colorado/Tx

Post by BigMopar440 »

Yes, Ive read everything from you have to replace the entire front suspension to all you have to do is bolt on rotors and caliper brackets. Nothing seems to be definitive.
I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they're not after me.