What Year F100

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

JRobb

What Year F100

Post by JRobb »

I'm working on an homage build RC truck of the pic attached. I want to build a scale version of my grandfather's work truck seen in the picture. I'm just not sure of the exact year. I'm thinking it's a '70 Ranger long bed. No pics of the front but I remember it having the Explorer bumperettes on the front bumper.

Also, any idea what the bedside footwells were called? i haven't seen them on any trucks but I want to include them as well.

Thanks for any info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fraser

Re: What Year F100

Post by Fraser »

The wide bodyside mouldings were used '70-'72, you can view pictures on this sites literature pages and see if you recognize the grille. The side steps were an aftermarket add on, usually only one was used per side, but they are custom pieces, and could be mounted wherever you wanted. The ones I have seen were cast aluminum, not polished or painted, just left natural.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.
EastCoast

Re: What Year F100

Post by EastCoast »

If you enlarge the photo some and look at the other cars in the photo and check their year, then that may help narrow down the date

Good luck with this.

Will-