Fordification.com..

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Fordification.com..

Post by jzjames »

Would be MUCH more active if it was easier to upload pictures of the trucks.
Like - go to your albums, click on a pic, and upload to your post.

Seems like this site has really faded, which is too bad, because it’s actually the best site for technical information on the 67-72 F100s. Every time we mention the difficulty of uploading pics, we get the explanation, but no, it’s not easy, it’s COMPLICATED. And we’ve lost a lot of previous uploaded pictures which has pissed off people.

Hope this will be taken as some constructive criticism for some much needed improvements to this site. Hate to see it fading away!
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Fordification.com

Post by MAK »

I hate Facebook groups with a passion. It’s the same stupid questions day after day. Rudimentary search functionality gets used by no one. Yet that is still where folks go even though forums like this are such a great archive, and easily searchable wealth of information. I like traditional forums because you can maintain an active message thread that grows over time with more and new information and similar issues, etc. Facebook is like any post is gone and out of sight and out of mind like it never existed within hours.
I agree, as much as I love Fordification, photo posting is not nearly as easy as in other forums, and easier photo posting would help with getting traffic back to the old days.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: Fordification.com..

Post by FORDification »

Posting pics really isn't that hard, but if you haven't done it for a while, then it might be a bit intimidating. Let's go through the procedure real fast. And this tutorial is on a desktop. It'll be a little different with a mobile device...we'll cover that in a few.

When you click on the Reply button in a thread, you'll see the 'Attachments' tab right below it....click it!
pics01r.jpg

When you click on the 'Attachments' tab, you'll see the 'Add files' button. Click that:
pics02r.jpg

It'll open up an Explorer window, and you simply find the pic you want and double-click it:
pics03.jpg

Once you select your pic, click the 'Place inline' button:
pics04.jpg

...and finally, you can either hit the 'Preview' button to see how you're picture will look (the forum will automatically create a clickable thumbnail of your image), or hit 'Submit'.
pics05r.jpg
3-spd01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I just looked on my phone and see that the forum software is virtually identical there as the desktop version, so uploading pics is essential the same:

Attachments tab > Add files button > Click the file you want to attach > Press Place Inline button > Submit

The forums has the Testing, Testing' section where you can practice, and they're automatically pruned every 24 hours, so go ahead and go wild practicing.

The only thing you'll need to be aware of...is the image's total file size. Each file you want to attach cannot be larger than 2MB. I just increased it from 512MB to 2MB, so it shouldn't be a problem unless you have your phone's photo settings set to extremely high resolution.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Well that was pain free. Had to try it. I’ve always uploaded pics and linked to my own domain. Maybe I’m mistaken but seems like back in the old days pics had to be hosted on another site. Guess I never caught the updates to locally hosted on Fordification. :thup:
I do sure wish all the Facebook traffic could get pulled over here instead.
36F43722-A8B0-4D70-AB9F-E740578BD38B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

EC0C334F-5CFD-4E8A-99B8-1993509F334F.jpeg
Trying it.
Ok IT WORKS! :hd: :hd:
The size thing is solved and the system resized my ipad photos automatically! Thanks Keith.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You're welcome! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

I have been using flickr.com for years. I wanted to share some new photos so i go to flickr and then click on the photo and click on
a share icon. Then it gives you some options. I just picked the one called BBCode and copy and paste that code into the fordification
message. But it also let's you choose the size you want first. For this image I chose Large size 1024x683:

ImageDSC03821b by Daniel Olinick, on Flickr

Is it working?
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

small:

ImageDSC03821b by Daniel Olinick, on Flickr
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Back to not working for me. “File too large”.
:(