'69 F250 Highboy 460 Engine Swap from FE

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

cougarinva

'69 F250 Highboy 460 Engine Swap from FE

Post by cougarinva »

Hello,

Been a long time since I was here, had a lot of "life" happen after my acquisition of my project trucks, I'm sure nobody here can relate... shame really because this is a great community!
Anyway, I'm actually getting ready to jump into getting one of my projects underway, so here's a question:
Know there's a lot of info on the site about this but I'd love to hear from anyone's experience in making a 460 swap in a Bump 4x4 F250-350? Currently has a Factory 360 that's toast, 4 speed truck. I have a 460 and manual transmission from an 85 F250 I plan to use for the swap. My main concern is engine mounts, from what I can see there appears to be a little bit of conflicting info on what to use for this application? Any advice, direction, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
'69 F250 4x4 Highboy Six-Man & '67 F250 Six-Man
thomastedder

Re: '69 F250 Highboy 460 Engine Swap from FE

Post by thomastedder »

I rebuilt the 390 in my truck, but if I had it to do over again, I would go coyote.

I recently blew the big block in my Chevelle and my son, talked me into replacing it with an LS3. I thought it was going to be much worse than it actually was.

If you’re changing motor mounts and transmissions, etc. anyway, why not just go coyote if it is in your budget?