New truck!

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Ducote

New truck!

Post by Ducote »

Hey fellas! It’s been a long time since I’ve been here, but I’m back! Long story short I sold Brown Thunder years ago and bought a square body Chevy… I know. Any way I’m back with a new truck. It’s a 1979 f150 4x4 4 speed with a 300 i6. I bought it in Montana back in November and I’m finally starting to play with it. Anyway it has a pretty unique set of decals that I haven’t seen before. I was wondering if any of y’all had. Also, I’m trying to put together a set of wheels. Let me what y’all think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ducote

Re: New truck!

Post by Ducote »

Anyway I know this mostly a bump side forum but I was hoping y’all could help me with the styling on this one. I’m really not going to do much to it. I love the vintage western decals and the faded brown paint. I just want to class up the wheels and remodel the interior. Most of the money for project is allocated for modernizing the 300 and getting the suspension back to a safe and reliable state.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

Those don't look like factory stripes to me. Maybe dealer add on?
It looks similar to an Explorer stripe from '75 but not exact .
https://www.fordification.com/library/p ... tegory/266

you can find all the options on the factory literature in the home page.
https://www.fordification.com/library/
Nice truck , I think that's the last year for the "good" Ford trucks. :2cents:
Ducote

Post by Ducote »

Cep, thanks! Ya I agree with you on the dealer theory. I have seen the explore decals on older trucks. I was just curious if anyone has ever seen these before. The truck is factory dark brown metallic. Of course it’s very faded and almost looks purple. I also agree with the statement regarding “last of the good fords.” I’ve always been a bump guy but I fell in love with this truck when I saw it for the first time. I buy em, fix em, and sell them all the time so I’m not what the future holds for this one. I may keep it or I may sell it. I’ve been trying to work my way into a true high boy for years. Until then this little half ton dent will do. I’ll tell you this, I have a 1980 k20 with a 454 and a 4 speed that I have torn down and rebuilt top to bottom. The 79 ford is twice the truck as far quality goes. Just an overall better built vehicle in my opinion.