This TSB database is being continually updated. Check here for the latest additions.

November 2009 Updates

November 14, 2009

I just wanted to let you know that this TSB database is getting VERY regular updates, with the addition of at least a dozen articles per week. However, more often than not, once I get started adding content, I'm at it for several hours at a time, and can generally get 15-25 articles added per session.

In order for regular viewers to keep up with the latest additions, starting on this date I'll be adding to this listing after every addition, to let you know what's been added and where. This will prevent you from having to search for the latest updates. I'd suggest subscribing to this forum (click the link at the bottom of the page) which will allow you to be alerted whenever I make an update to this list.

November 14, 2009

I also did a bunch of reorganizing, hopefully making it easier to find what you're looking for, as well as simply cleaning things up to make the pages more aesthetically pleasing.

In addition, there are now 'master lists' of 1968 and 1970 TSB articles which pertain directly or indirectly with the light-duty trucks. These can be found at the top of every page in each production year's main article listings. These lists will be updated as more TSB articles are added to the database, and in the very near future I will be creating master lists for the remaining production years contained in the database.

November 28, 2009

After several weeks of fairly constant work, I've finally finished up transcribing a 52-page Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) intended for Ford mechanics on how to properly troubleshoot the brake systems on all Ford vehicles, including cars and all light/medium/heavy trucks. This is an extremely comprehensive article that will walk you through any problems with the brakes (disc or drum) and brake hardware:

Article 964 - Brake System Diagnosis
TSB #54 - December 2, 1966

I also got all 18 articles from Bulletin No. 146 - August 7, 1970 posted. That TSB is now completed.

November 29, 2009

Entered the following TSBs into the database:

I also got the first 8 articles of Bulletin No. 138 - April 24, 1970 posted.

That makes FORTY-SEVEN articles posted today! :!:

I also did some tweaking to the Search feature for better performance. Too many searches were coming up with an error message stating that the search parameters contained words that were too common and were therefore ignored, which kind of defeated the whole purpose. By switching to a new style of search, it now appears to be faster and common search words won't trigger that error message. I'll keep my eye on things though, and would appreciate someone letting me know if they have other search-related problems.